BUSINESS REFLECTIONS WITH AMARACHI W. ONUOHA CEO, NATURAL HAVEN

NO QUICK MONEY: RUNNING A BUSINESS IS A PROCESS

BUSINESS REFLECTIONS WITH AMARACHI W. ONUOHA  CEO, NATURAL HAVEN

Amarachi Onuoha, the CEO of NATURAL HAVEN, a fast rising Natural Hair and skin care Products Brand, shared a list of things she has learned as an entrepreneur and we can all relate. She said:

1.    I have learned that building a brand is so much more than selling a product.
2.    I have learned that starting a business to make quick money on the side will leave you disappointed more times than you can imagine. Its all a process. Just stay consistent.
3.    I have learned to plan ahead but also do the best for today and not stress about the next step.
4.    I have learned that support will come from places you dont expect it and may be lacking in places you expect it. Keep going anyway.


It was during my first meeting with Amarachi Onuoha that I realized how short I am. The tall, fresh skinned doctor and natural hair expert looked so calm and regal that I feared that she would not accommodate my chatty self. Wrong! We chatted and dissected issues that ranged from perception of Nigerian women to professional hazards and hair!

Before long, we were on first name basis as we ticked off several topics on our mental clipboards with special concentration on the business of hair and its intricacies. She is the expert and I was yearning to learn as much as I could because of a report I was working on at the time.

However, I was introduced to something more spectacular  Natural Havens range of natural hair products. It must be mentioned that the passion with which Amarachi talks about her business, networks about it and the hard work that goes into production to sales, is inspiring and awestriking.

“Natural haven is an Organic Hair and Skin care brand that focuses on providing high quality, toxin-free hair and skin care products while educating people on best practices for hair and skin care. We believe that great products with great practices give great results.”


The products are so innovative and helpful that they get rave reviews in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and beyond.

Amarachi is so blunt and honest that when she says natural, it really is natural.

Speaking with me about the origin of the business idea, despite her tasking job as a doctor, she revealed that Natural Haven started in the course of her search for proper products to use for her hair when she went natural some years ago.

She said, the idea was conceived a few years ago when I was newly natural and didnt quite know what products to use and how to use them for my hair. I did some research and found out that a lot of locally produced butters and oils where really great for skin care.

“I started tweaking them a little to make hair and skin care products for myself and my family. As my hair grew and grew people started asking what products I use in my hair, I would tell them but Id just sense that they couldnt be bordered with sourcing the ingredients and making the products for themselves.

“So I decided to do that for them and present them with a finished product thats easy to use and safe while bringing excellent results. Thats how Natural haven was born, Amarachi said.

Everybody knows I love to talk about parental acceptance in career and entrepreneurship growth. I asked Amarachi how her parents and entire family accepted her new uncertain pursuit with the demanding nature of her job as a doctor hanging around.

She said, “My parents had known for a while that I was making hair and skin care products with Shea butter, Cocoa butter and the likes. The whole family used my products so it wasnt too foreign to them.

“But I would say they were a bit worried that I wouldnt be able to combine it well with my Day Job as a Doctor in training but I think with time they have come to see that its doable once I stay focused and plan well.

“They have been supportive. My mum even helps with the book keeping aspect of the business because thats her background, Amarachi said.

It gladdens my heart that she gets massive support from her family but I share the same fear regarding her ability to juggle her Hair care brand and her day job. Trust Amarachi to allay my fears although I have to admit that she looks too fresh that it is hard to guess the kind of stress she goes through. Well, she let us in on the secret.

She said, I just allocate time for each thing and plan ahead. I outsource everything that I dont have to do myself. I pay people to do as much as I can. I make products in larger quantities. And stock in different locations. I also try to sleep early and well. Rest is key.

(You can follow Amarachi Onuoha on Instagram @amarachiee_ and Natural Haven @naturalhaven_)

Comments

  1. 😊😊😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vision without planning is frustration. Same goes for planning without a vision. One similar underlying mention is the need to solve an issue. Business that doesn't solve real issues cannot thrive. Thanks Anita. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts